It’s summer, your mind turns to the beach, ice cream, Christmas parties…
Well, it does if you’re an event planner!
Although it might seem a long way off, now is the time to start thinking ahead to festive shindigs, choosing your venue, and securing your date – before all the good ones are gone!
After that, it’s time to drill down to the finer details – the food, entertainment, décor, and theming. If you want your party to be a real Christmas cracker, you need to add the ‘wow factor.’
Want some help? Classic Venue Solutions has the experience and expertise to conceive and deliver creative party concepts that will blow your Christmas stockings off.
To get you started, we thought we’d round up all the most exciting trends being unwrapped for this year’s festivities…
• Americana – Guests can brush the snow off their shoulders as they marvel at the heights of the Rockefeller Christmas tree or take to the Central Park ice rink in New York, or maybe get cosy in a Colorado log cabin with roaring fire and fur-lined seats. Whatever state you choose, Americana is all the rage this Christmas.
• 1920s – It’s Chicago 1928, prohibition is in full swing. Invite your guests to enter the speakeasy for a night of illicit fun and frolics. Serve up bootlegged liquor, set the room a jumpin’ with a lively jazz band and let guests try their luck in the shadowy gambling den, with roulette and blackjack tables.
• Victoriana – Evoke the spirit of Christmas past with a traditional Victorian theme. Recreate the London of yesteryear with atmospheric gas lamps, a crackling fire, street vendors serving roast chestnuts and, of course, a giant, resplendent Christmas tree.
• Circus – Enter the big top and prepare to be astonished as a plethora of circus acts take the stage. Aerial tightrope walkers, acrobats, jugglers, fire-eaters and stilt walkers will ensure your Christmas party is ‘the greatest show on earth.’
• Ariel performers – Twirling and spinning high in the air, aerialists will captivate your guests. Dress them in white and sparkly silver for a ‘winter wonderland’ theme, slinky elf outfits for a ‘Santa’s grotto’ theme, or pop one at the top of your Christmas tree as a real-life angel.
• Dickensian carollers – Ideal for a ‘Victoriana’ themed Christmas party are Dickensian carollers. Adorned in elegant Victorian dress (ladies in luxurious velvet and men in handsome tailcoats and top hats), they will perform traditional Christmas carols in beautiful four-part harmony. The very essence of Christmas – just add tankards of mulled wine!
• Snowglobe acrobats – Ignite childhood memories with a giant snowglobe that when ‘shaken’ comes alive. Watch with wonder as two skilled acrobats give a magical performance in the falling snow. Totally enchanting.
• Live ice sculpting – Ice sculptures have been a staple of Christmas events for many years, but now the trend is to watch them being fashioned in front of your very eyes. Marvel at the skill as an ice sculptor uses a chainsaw to carve crystal Christmas scenes out of a block of ice.
Food & Drink
• Street food – Bring together a selection of the finest street food traders to offer your guests a choice of tasty, filling dishes, prepared fast and fresh right in front of them. Choose from cuisines the globe over, ranging from best of British (think pork belly and beef shin), through to specialities from the Basque Country (seared scallops and alioli prawns), or Sri Lanka (yummy roti).
• Grazing stations – A feast for the eyes as well as the belly, grazing stations are essentially a smorgasbord of antipasto, breads, dips, cheeses, deli meats and chutneys – all nibbles that can be easily enjoyed by guests as they stand and chat. Grazing stations are a great way to please and impress a lot of people and keep costs down.
• Food theatre – Let your food be the star of the show with imaginative preparation and presentation. Think interactive food stations, quirky canapés, flair bartenders, liquid nitrogen cooking, unusual fusions, aerial performers suspended from the ceiling serving champagne – the more flamboyant the better!